The Alliance has six key objectives:
- To promote investment in the built environment and the circular economy creating jobs and inclusive economic growth through the “Get Britain Building Campaign”
- To articulate the many benefits of the masonry building envelope when combined with an effective ventilation strategy and good detailing to prevent the spread of fire, prevent overheating, provide good indoor air quality and are built to last 150 years
- Working with Industry, Europe, England, Wales, Scottish Government, Combined Authorities, LGA and other influencers to shape better building regulations and building standards. The Building Alliance owns and operates the Independent Think Tank “The Futures Group”
- To address the skills shortfall, encouraging young people to aspire to a career and provide career pathways connecting learners, educators, and employers providing a voice for the SME employers who are critical to the future of the sector
- Lead a digital housing revolution making best use of technology to support design, planning, procurement, sales and the user experience including long term maintenance and the safeguarding of vulnerable residents
- Building Safer Futures, preventing fire and flood though “Resilient Building Solutions” a joint venture with the “Fire Protection Association”
- The focus is on the continuous cost-effective improvement of the fabric and performance of new residential buildings but much of what we learn is transferable to the existing stock.
The Building Alliance is highly collaborative, enjoying close working relationships with professional bodies, trade associations, academic institutions and a wide range of decision influencers.